This section provides tools, templates, and information to help prepare proposal budgets.
Use these fringe benefit rates when developing budgets.
These rates apply to all sponsored project activity, including federal, non-federal, and private sector sponsors. For more details, view the Guide to Facilities and Administrative Costs (PDF).
- Developing Your Budget: Use this NIH guide for helpful general information.
- K-State Guide to Facilities and Administrative Costs (PDF): Use this guide to learn the basics.
- Equipment definition: Equipment means an article of non-expendable, tangible personal property having a useful life of more than one year and an acquisition cost of $5,000 or more per unit.
- Allowable and Unallowable Costs: This guide is from K-State Division of Financial Services.
- Guide to Differentiating Sponsored Projects (PDF): Use this guide to determine when external funds to be received by BBIN电子 should be administered as a sponsored project, a fee for service activity, or a gift.
Budget Development Worksheets and Templates
- Long Worksheet (xls): This customizable spreadsheet helps you create a budget with comments and notes. Each year is on a separate tab, with a summary tab for all years.
- Abbreviated Worksheet (xls): This spreadsheet helps you develop a five-year budget on one page.
- Industry/Fully Loaded Rates Worksheet (xlsx): Convert a typical university budget to a fully burdened budget with this worksheet.
- Sample Budgets: Federal Agency long worksheet (xls), Federal Agency simplified (xls), Industry (xlsx)
- Sample Budget Justifications: Example 1 (Word) and Example 2 (Word)
- Budget Worksheet FAQs (pdf), (Word version)